Listen to Harry and Fran and answer the questions.
Escucha a Harry y Fran y contesta las preguntas.
1. Are they married?
2. Where are they in the photo?
Listen again and put the following sentences in the correct order. Escucha de nuevo y pon las siguientes frases en el orden
a) Harry and Fran had their 50th wedding anniversary
b) Harry and Fran got married
c) Fran met Harry
d) Fran and Harry went on a cruise
Got married = were married To meet = conocer Met = conocido
Answer the questions. Listen again if necessary. Contesta las preguntas. Escucha más veces si lo necesitas.
1. When did Fran meet Harry?
2. When did they get married?
3. Where was Harry when they got married?
4. Did they have much money?
5. When was their 50th wedding anniversary?
6. What did they do to celebrate?
7. Where did they go?
8. How long did they go for?
Listen again and read the dialogue. Escucha de nuevo y lee la trascripción.
- Hello Harry, hello Fran. Welcome to Mansion
Inglés. Fran, when did you meet Harry?
- In 1947.
- It was fifty-three years ago.
- How did you meet him Fran?
- We went dancing together.
- We actually went to the same youth club.
- I see. And Harry, when did you get married?
- In 1951.
- Yes, we got married in July on a Sunday.
- Did you have any problems Harry when you first got married?
- I was in the army at the time.
- And we didn’t have much money.
- Fran, when was your fiftieth wedding anniversary?
- On the first of July.
- Yes, it was five months ago.
- Did you do anything special Harry?
- Yes, we went on a cruise.
- Around the Caribbean.
- How long did you go for Fran?
- We had a week in Miami before the cruise.
- And then we spent two weeks cruising.
- Well, thank you for joining us.
- You’re welcome.
- And congratulations on your anniversary.
- Thank you very much.
together = juntos actually = en realidad youth club = club juvenil army = ejército at the time = en aquella época/por entonces
cruise = crucero around = alrededor spent (time) = pasé (tiempo) thank you very much for joining us = muchas gracias por estar con nosotros