You are going to listen to Steph talking about cooking. Read the following questions.
1. Does Steph prefer Spanish cooking or English cooking?
2. What is Steph’s favourite Spanish food?
Listen and answers the
Now read some more questions.
Listen again and write the answers.
1. Where did Steph live before she came to Spain?
2. Why does she think that Spanish cooking is better that English cooking?
3. Why has Steph’s cooking become more Spanish since she moved to Spain?
4. Does Steph prefer eating out in restaurants or cooking at home? Why?
5. Why doesn’t Steph want to open her own restaurant?
listen again and read the transcription.
Listen and only read the following questions.
Steph's recipe is for
2. Steph cooks
3. The oil that Steph uses is
4. How many eggs are in Steph's tortilla?
5. Steph cooks the tortilla until it is
Now listen and choose the
correct answer. After check your answers.
Listen again and write the letters 'a .. g' in the order that Steph describes the different stages of the recipe. Follow the example. Escúcha de nuevo y por las letras (a..g) en el orden correcto en que
Stepn menciona los pasos de su receta.
a) take the potatoes and the onions from the frying pan and mix them in with the eggs b) put them back in the frying pan under a low heat c) cook it until It is thoroughly brown d) break four eggs, put in some salt and pepper, beat them up e) put them in a frying pan with some olive oil, and some onions f) take some potatoes and peel them
1 - 2 -
3 - 4 -
5 - 6 -
Now read the following transcription,
listen again and write the missing words.
We're back with Stephanie on cooking. Stephanie, can you recommend a typical Spanish
that you cook at home?
- Well, I like cooking tortilla. Obviously everyone has their own , but I will tell you how I cook it.
I take some potatoes and them, then
them up very small, put them in water, and them up
'till they are soft. Then I put them in a
with some olive oil, and some onions which I've also
. And then I these over until they're cooked.
In another bowl, I four eggs, put in some salt and pepper,
Then I take the potatoes and the onions from the frying pan and
them in with the eggs.
I then put them back in the under a low , and cook it until It is thoroughly brown. - Thank you.
dish = plato
to peel = pelar
to chop = cortar en trocitos pequeños
to boil = hervir
‘till (until) = hasta
olive oil = aceite de oliva
to fry = freír
to beat = batir
frying pan = sartén
to mix = mezclar
low heat = fuego lento
thoroughly = completemente (en este
Check your answers with the complete transcription.
Finally, read the transcription again. Listen, repeat and try to copy