1. Has Sandra ever been to Britain?
2. Does she have to work abroad as part of her studies?
3. Is she going to be in Tanzania for four years?
4. Does Sandra like her experience in Africa so far?
5. Is it what she expected?
6. Can she speak fluent Swahili?
7. Is Sandra planning to go on safari?
8. Is she planning to visit France?
again and complete the transcription. Use the pause button on your media
player to give you time to write.
- Hello Sandra, you’re here working in..um.. Arusha in Tanzania.
- I’ve been here for seven weeks now.
- And I must ask you, why is a..a girl from Germany working in Africa, or
- Oh actually..um..well I
in Cardiff at the moment, and I..um..
had to do an internship somewhere . And I didn’t wanna do it
in..in Britain because I’d been there before and worked there before so I
decided I’d do something and try Africa.
- S..so it’s connected to your studies?
- Yes, yeah..it’s
I have to do this.
- An..And how does it connect, is it in the hotel and catering industry or…something
- Well I..I study
and it’s a program for four
- So your going to be here for four years?
- No, it’s actually..um.. the course..the study..um.. is for four years,
but..um..the internship is just for three months.
- And what do you think of it? How long have you been here so far?
- Well I’ve been here seven weeks and I’ve worked in the office in Arusha
and then I’ve been at Colobus Lodge for
and it’s definitely an experience it’s not quite what I
but it’s been good so far.
- How do you communicate with the people you work with? Do you speak any
- Erm..I speak
I can say the greetings and everything, but um..yeah..it’s
most people don’t speak a lot of English and some of their English is
, so I think I underestimated it
. I should really speak some more
- And what’s next…wh..where do you go from here…when this finishes?
- Erm…well ’for
another two weeks and then ’holiday
for two weeks, on
a safari and then ..um.. go to Zanzibar and then
fly back to Germany and then back to Britain.
- Great! Well that sounds great. Thank you very much.