LIVE WITH MONICA, LYNNE AND CRAIG
Christmas Special English Stream
Does (or do) your family decorate your house over the Christmas period?
Is Christmas better in the cold Northern Hemisphere or on a beach in the
What's the most annoying Christmas song?
What do you think of the tradition of giving Christmas cards?
How would your family react if you decided to spend the Christmas holiday in
Do you find choosing presents for the opposite sex difficult? In what way?
What do you think will be the most popular electronic gadget given as a gift
this year? (mobile phone)
In some countries there are moves to change the name of Christmas to "Winterval"
and to change the greeting "Merry Christmas" to "Happy Holidays". The objective
is to make the holiday more inclusive to non-Christians. What is your opinion?
1. What is the name of the first Christian martyr whose feast day is on the 26th
of December? Stephen
2. Which country has given England a Christmas tree, usually put in Trafalgar
Square, as a present since 1948, in order to thank them for their help during
the 2nd World War? Norway
3. In which European capital city would you find Wenceslas Square? Prague
4. The actor Humphrey Bogart would have had his birthday on Christmas Day. Name
the film in which he starred with Paul Henreid, Claude Rains and Ingrid Bergman
in 1942? Casablanca
5. If you were born on Christmas day, what would your star sign be? Capricorn
6. Which European country began the tradition of exchanging gifts at Christmas
7. Which is the only part of Spain which has the 26th December as a regional
8. A menorah is a candleholder used, in December, by people of which religion?
9. In which modern-day country was St. Nicholas born in? Turkey
10. Father Christmas has been wearing red since 1930. what colour did he wear
before that? Green
11. Which multi-national company was responsible for changing the colour of
Santa’s clothes in order to market their product? Coca Cola
12. Who wrote ‘The Messiah’? Handel (Bach, Beethoven, Handel, Mozart, Stormsy)
13. Who directed the Christmas film Home Alone, staring Macaulay Culkin? Chris
14. Who wrote ‘A Christmas Carol’? Charles Dickens
15. Turkeys are traditionally eaten at Christmas in some countries. In which
part of the world were turkeys first found? (Turkey, North America, China, Spain
or Syria) North America
16. In which ocean is Christmas Island? (the Atlantic Ocean, Indian Ocean, Artic
Ocean, Irish Sea) Indian Ocean
17. In which European country did the tradition of putting up a Christmas tree
originate? (Germany, England, France, or Norway?) Germany
18. The singer Annie Lennox was born on Christmas day 1954. What’s the name of
the group she formed, and became famous with, in the 1980’s? The Eurythmics
19. In which town was Jesus brought up as a child? Nazareth
20. In Spain, what is it customary to wear on New Year’s Eve? New red knickers
TAMBIÉN TE PUEDE INTERESAR: