- Hello Ruben, welcome to La Mansión del Inglés.
- Thank you very much.
- Ruben, you live in Valencia, you’re sixteen years old and you were born in Valencia. How many Fallas festivals have you seen?
- I’ve seen sixteen festivals since I was born.
- Can you tell us what happens at Fallas Ruben? What is Fallas about?
- At Fallas, everybody throws fireworks, some groups of people build comic statues made of wood and paper and they have jokes on them. All the people party in the streets and on the last night they burn everything, all the statues.
- Approximately how many tourists visit Valencia during Fallas each year?
- Oh a lot, I think about a million of them.
- Uhha, and what do you like and dislike about Fallas?
- I like Fallas because it is a holiday, but I dislike that everybody use fireworks and they make lot of noise.
- What do you usually do during Fallas?
- I go out with my friends and I throw fireworks, but my friends also go to special Fallas clubs to be with other people and have parties.
- Well, I hope that you enjoy Fallas this year Ruben.
- Thank you for joining us.
- See you soon.
fireworks = fuegos artificiales, petardos
statues = estatuas
comic = cómico/divertido
burn = quemar
noise = ruido
to throw = tirar