Each question in Part 3 has 2 possible
marks. If you make a mistake, you may get 1 mark if the other part of your
answer is correct.
was/felt in a good mood after having
a hard work out with her tennis instructor.
2. There’s no need to write
all of the sentence in this exercise.
3. Pepito’s mother was/is the only
person who thought he would pass the FCE exam.
4. The secretary put me through to
the managing director.
5. Samantha was too tired to go
to dinner with Leonardo.
6. There was hardly anyone in
the Indian restaurant.
7 . Pepito was unable to find the/a
solution to the problem.
8. There must be a better paella
restaurant in Valencia!
9. There’s no point (in) asking
Samantha for her phone number.
10. Pepito has a full time job as well as
looking after his mother.