complete each sentence with one of the above idioms.
1. - Hey! Did you tell Dave about the surprise birthday party we’re
organising for him?
- Yes, I thought he knew about it.
2. - I’m interested in renting your beach house for the summer. - I’m sorry, but I’ve agreed to rent it to a family from Galicia.
- Can’t you make an excuse and tell them you’ve changed your mind. - No, we’ve already signed a contract.
3. - Dan’s in hospital. He’s had a nervous breakdown. - I’m not surprised with all the work he’s been doing lately. He’s
got two full-time jobs and he sometimes works through the night. He’s
4. Wow, you look so sexy babe. That new dress is absolutely stunning and
that new gold necklace is beautiful.
5. - How can you be so selfish? It’s my birthday and you’re going on a
fishing weekend with your mates?
- Wait a minute, , I was
going to invite you to come along with us.
6. - I accused my daughter of taking my new pocket video camera, and
then I found it down the side of the sofa. I really shouted at her and
now I feel terrible. - I think you’d better and
ask her to forgive you.
7. - The problem is, I need to lose weight and I have to study English
for my final exams. I just don’t have enough time for everything. - Why don’t you download some Mansión Ingles podcasts onto your mp3
player and listen to them at the gym. That way you can
8. He’s so quiet and shy normally, but as soon as we got to the karaoke
bar he stood up on the stage and started singing.
¿Quieres recibir en tu e-mail gratis y
periódicamente ejercicios, programas gratuitos, explicaciones y otros recursos
para mantener tu inglés sin esfuerzo? Apúntate a nuestro
cuaderno quincenal de inglés.