1. You should try this
paté made from frogs and snake heads. It tastes just
2. My mate Kevin works an English teacher in Vietnam.
3. ……and when he found out that ‘she’ was a actually a ‘he’,
a ladyboy, he came running out of the room
4. I can’t believe you’re buying an Apple Mac Book Pro. I
though you were a Windows PC guy,
5. No, you’re doing it all wrong! Let me show you. Look, you
do it this.
6. I think I’ve heard this song before. It sounds
Black Eyed Peas.
7. I went out for a few beers and a curry with Bob last
night. It cost me a bloody fortune! Bob didn’t have any
8. Selling stuff on eBay is fine just
a hobby or to make a bit of extra cash, but you
can’t make a living out of it.
9. I used her bra a catapult and killed two birds with one stone.
10. In my opinion, some hobbies horse riding, skiing and wind-surfing are more
trouble than they’re worth.
- Some verbs in English are followed by
infinitives and some by gerunds. I want to say thank you for the lovely flowers. (want+infinitive) I enjoy going out for a meal every couple of weeks
with my wife. (enjoy+gerund)
Look at the following verbs and decide if they are usually followed by
gerunds or by infinities. Follow the example.
Write the verb in brackets as a gerund or an infinitive to complete
the following sentences.
1. He advised me
until next June before taking the FCE exam.
2. The British government denies
chemical weapons to Libya.
3. They suggested
(have) dinner in a little Italian restaurant
round the corner.
4. My boss agreed
(extend) my contract for another year.
5. Pepito admitted
(steal) the money.
6. We can’t afford
(buy) a new car.
7. Would you mind
(give) me a lift to the station?
8. Did you happen
(see) what’s on the agenda for the next
9. Did Susan remind you
a bottle of wine on your way home from work?
10. I really appreciate
given an appointment at such short notice.
¿Quieres recibir en tu e-mail gratis y
periódicamente ejercicios, programas gratuitos, explicaciones y otros recursos
para mantener tu inglés sin esfuerzo? Apúntate a nuestro
cuaderno quincenal de inglés.