Choose the best word or phrase to complete each sentence.
1. Are you feeling ok? I know you’ve been
working really hard lately and you look a bit
2. I fell over playing football last week and felt a sharp
in my knee.
3. My girlfriend is red and green peppers.
4. The World Formula One Grand Prix champion was
in a crash yesterday.
5. It has been scientific proven that smoking
6. When I bend down and stand up quickly, the blood rushes to my head
and I feel .
7. I cut myself with broken glass and I had to have
8. Please let’s sit down for a while and have a rest. We’ve been walking
for hours and I’ve got on my feet.
9. The neighbour’s little boy fell out of a tree and was taken to
hospital with a shoulder.
10. I think I’m allergic to this new washing powder. I’ve got
all over my body.
Put the verbs in the correct tense to complete the sentences.
next weekend? Anything special?
2. If I know
you were coming to visit, I wouldn’t have gone out.
3. I hope you have a fantastic time in Las Vegas next week.
I'll see you when you
4. This time next week you and I
on a beach in Hawaii with a good book and a cocktail.
5. I'm planning to retire before 65. I hope that I
enough money to stop working by the time I'm 55.
6. The telephone rang, but I
so I didn't answer it.
7. When I smelled his breath, I knew immediately that he
drink and I suggested that he give me his car keys.
8. This is the best chocolate cake I
Can we come
back again this afternoon for another piece?
¿Quieres recibir en tu e-mail gratis y
periódicamente ejercicios, programas gratuitos, explicaciones y otros recursos
para mantener tu inglés sin esfuerzo? Apúntate a nuestro
cuaderno quincenal de inglés.