Choose the best word or phrase to complete the sentence.
1. I began to podcasting about 3 years ago. (meaning: to become interested
2. Do you know where I can buy some ? (meaning: marijuana)
3. After 7 pints and a curry I nearly . (meaning: to vomit)
4. A few days before we were suppose to sign the contract, they
. (meaning: to get out of an agreement)
5. I told him we expect to paid 2.3 million Euros and he didn’t
. (meaning: to not show surprise)
6. We haven’t done a very good job here, I think it’s time we
. (meaning: to accept your punishment)
7. I’m getting some really bad from the bosses new personal assistant. (meaning: feelings)
8. Be careful! She’s a squash player. (meaning: really excellent)
Adjectives (and a couple of verbs)
followed by prepositions
Choose the correct preposition.
1. I’m really excited
going away this weekend.
2. His latest book is very different
his previous one.
3. I’m jealous my sister because she’s really good with
4. Bury St. Edmunds in Suffolk is famous
its wonderful Greene King beer.
5. What are you afraid ?
6. I’ve told you before not to do that. What the bloody hell
is wrong you?
7. We’re extremely grateful everything you’ve done for us.
8. Cristina was angry me not remembering her birthday.
9. Who’s the person responsible Internet security in your company?
10. He’s very proud the fact that he succeeded without going to
11. We’re very disappointed your performance in sales this year, and I’m
afraid we’re going to have to let you go.
12. I’m crazy this new girl who’s just started working in our
office. She’s absolutely gorgeous!
13. Before you put up the money to invest
this company, I think you should be aware
14. Don’t boast it, I think you should be ashamed
what you did.