Choose the best word or phrase to complete the sentence.
1. Perhaps it's OK to tell
a few occasionally to avoid difficult or unpleasant
situations, but it’s totally wrong to tell the blatant lies
you do all the time.
2. He lied so convincingly that I was completely
and believed everything he said.
3. It wasn't the Prime Minister who opened the airport, but
4. He wasn't really angry, he was just
so that the children would behave a little better.
5. Hundreds of young women who applied to the online
modelling website snapme.com found that they were victims of
a cruel last week when they discovered that the company
did not exist.
6. The police advised tenants to ask for identification from
any unsolicited tradesmen calling at their house, as a
number of are known to be active in the area.
7. Although the evidence sounded convincing, it turned out
to be a complete
8. Footballers are often not really hurt - they are
it on so that the referee will give them a free
¿Quieres recibir en tu e-mail gratis y
periódicamente ejercicios, programas gratuitos, explicaciones y otros recursos
para mantener tu inglés sin esfuerzo? Apúntate a nuestro
cuaderno quincenal de inglés.