Write one verb that goes with the words and expressions. Follow the example:
/ someone's life / energy
1. your way / your
wallet / your temper
2. a trip / strike
/ a diet
3. a mistake / a
mess / the bed
4. a business / a
marathon / away
5. a lot of weight
/ your jacket / the TV
6. vegetables / a
beard / old
A veces en inglés encontramos dos
palabras que dan sentido a una idea o concepto y que se unen con "and".
El orden de las palabras normalmente es fijo. Por ejemplo: "fish and
chips" (no se dice chips and fish).
Lee las frases siguientes y elige el orden más común de las palabras.
1. When I sit down to work
at my desk, I like it to be .
2. Before we make a decision I think we should discuss the
of the situation.
3. - What would you like to drink?
- I think I'll have a .
4. Nobody taught me how to use the new software. I learnt by
5. We had a lovely holiday in the countryside. I love the
of small villages.
6. Do you fancy cereal or for breakfast?
7. I've decided to invest in some
8. Shall I print this document out in colour or
9. We had terrible weather in Scotland. For three days we
had storms with .
10. , I apologise for the delay. The presentation will
start in about five minutes.
11. I don't know why you're so stressed about the interview.
It's not exactly a matter of you know.
12. The problem with the kids of today is that they don't
know the difference between .
When I sit down to work
at my desk, I like it to be ...