Now read the following sentences and complete them with a collocation
from the previous exercise. Follow the example.
Example: Before we go
ahead and put the project together, I think we should
of the robot to make sure it's going to work.
1. Damn! I forgot to buy milk and bread this morning. Can we
at the supermarket
on the way home? It'll only take a minute.
2. Bart really
in his end of year
exams. I think we should buy him that new iPod he's been
3. Alonso half way
through the race and won the Grand Prix in record time.
4. Five tourists were
by terrorists in
Cairo this morning as they left their hotel. As yet, there
has been no ransom demands made by the terrorists.
5. When I graduate from medical school, I would like to
into trying to
find a cure for cancer.
6. Some clever app developers are
successful applications for mobile phones.
7. The judge said that Mr. Samuels was a drug addict who had
intended to to
8. The fact that he sent his children to private school
of his socialist
I think we should make
a model of the robot
to make sure it's
going to work
¿Quieres recibir en tu e-mail gratis y
periódicamente ejercicios, programas gratuitos, explicaciones y otros recursos
para mantener tu inglés sin esfuerzo? Apúntate a nuestro
cuaderno quincenal de inglés.