Now read the following sentences and complete them with a collocation
from the previous exercise. Follow the example.
when we bought that car. It's cost us a lot of money.
1. I spent a lot of time on my own when I was a child. It
was difficult for me to
2. Can you me
and lend me 200
euros until I get paid?
3. You won't remember all the things you have to buy. Why
don't you ?
4. The stock market is very unstable at the moment. I think
the best way to is
to buy property like a flat, a house or a piece of land.
5. Shhhhh! Don't .
6. It's mum and dad's 50th wedding anniversary soon. I think
we should to
7. I think 9 months in prison was a hard sentence for
downloading content illegally from the internet, but the
judge wanted to
8. In my opinion, footballers, film stars and investment
bankers too much