Listen to Steph and 'El Tel' talking about the cinema and tick the actors and actresses that you hear.
Now read the following sentences, listen again and decide if they are true or false.
1. Steph and El Tel don’t go to the cinema often.
2. Steph prefers going to the cinema than watching videos at home. 3. El Tel prefers watching films at home because it’s cheaper. 4. Steph doesn’t like films that make her cry. 5. ‘The Jungle Book’ is one of El Tel’s personal favourite films.
6. Steph thinks Sean Connery is attractive.
Now answer these questions. Write the answers in the spaces, and listen again if you need to.
1. Do Steph and El Tel live in England?
2. What type of film is El Tel’s favourite?
3. Why does El Tel think that modern films are better
that the films of the fifties and sixties?
Read the following transcription. Listen again, and write the missing words in the spaces.
- Hello Steph and El Tel, thank you for joining La Mansion del Inglés. I’d like to ask you about films and cinema. Do you go to the cinema often?
- No, we don’t.
- Well we used to when we lived in England. - Do you prefer to the cinema, or
films on video at home?
- I prefer, personally,
to the cinema, because I believe there are certain films
that come over better when you see them in a
cinema, sound etc. - What about you Tel?
- Totally the opposite. It’s so much
to sit at home. - There are many different film genres, for example science fiction, action/adventure, comedy, romance. What’s
would be drama along the lines of ‘Basic Instinct’.
- And mine would be a
film where I can cry.
- How do you think the old black and white films of the forties and fifties
modern day blockbusters?
- For their time, the films of the forties and fifties
. But try
to today’s technology, there isn’t anything
. It’s so superior today.
as well. - Steph, is there one particular film that you could see over and over again, a personal favourite?
- I think, with me, it would
be a Disney cartoon, for example, ‘Lady And The Tramp’, or maybe ‘The Jungle Book’. - And Tel?
- Mine would be more
, along the lines of ‘Terminator 2’. Difficult to name another one that comes close to that for my feelings. - And what about erm… your favourite actors and actresses?
- My favourite actor at the moment would be Michael Douglas.
- And I think mine would
be Tom Cruise. - And what about the most
- I think Halle Berry is a very very
- And I like
, so I would go for Sean Connery. - Sean Connery, good choice. Okay, thank you for joining us, and good luck with the cinema.
- Thank You.