- Steph, welcome to Mansion Ingles.
How long have you been living in Spain?
- We’ve been living here just over five years now.
- And where did you live before?
- We lived right in the centre of London.
- Uh ha, and can you tell us what differences there are between Spanish cooking
and English cooking?
- Well, personally fo me I find Spanish cooking is much healthier. Their ingredients are much better. They have more flavour, and they use a lot of olive oil, so this is very healthy.
- I see, and do you think that your cooking has become more Spanish since you moved here?
- Yes, because obviously you’re using the ingredients that are available in the supermarkets and markets, and it’s fresh and has a lot of flavour.
- What’s your favourite Spanish dish, Steph?
- Ooo, I would like to say paella because that is very healthy, and also I love the tortilla.
- Do you prefer cooking erm.. at home, or eating out in restaurants?
- Well, I love cooking, but I must be honest and say that when you eat out in restaurants there’s obviously not
so much work involved.
- So no washing up, Stephanie
- Okay, er... would you like to open your own restaurant one day?
- I think now I’m too old, but it would have been very nice perhaps many years ago.
right in the centre =
justo en el centro
olive oil = aceite de oliva
fresh = fresco
flavour = sabor
dish = plato
to eat out = comer o cenar fuera, en un
to wash up = fregar los platos
La Mansión del Inglés.
© Copyright La Mansión del Inglés C.B.. Todos los derechos