Some of the following sentences are not correct. Find the sentences which
have mistakes and correct them.
We have seen a rapid increase in the amount of violent
There has been a significantly fall in unemployment this year.correct?
share price has declined dramatic since we expanded to South America.correct?
2. The interest on my savings account has jumped considerably
during the last 12 months.correct?
3. Consumers in Europe have seen a gradually rise in prices
since the introduction of the euro.correct?
4. There has been an enormously improvement in the sales
figures this quarter.correct?
5. Sales have increased significantly since we launched the new
6. Our profits are dropping sharp because of overseas
7. There is a substantial increase in the number of consumers
booking their holidays online.correct?
8. There has been a gradually decline in our market share.correct?
Listen and repeat.
Write sentences describing the trends below. Use words and expressions from
the previous exercises. Follow the example.
Read the following sentences which describe change and choose the expression
which has a different meaning from the others. Follow the example.
Sales in 2002
1. Customer satisfaction last year. 2. In 2004 our market share 3. Our market share has . 4. Prices have . 5. Customer interest in our product has
. 6. Brand awareness has . 7. Performance last year . 8. Fortunately we have seen a in unemployment this year.