- Good morning, Beneton. How may I help you?
- Oh hello. Could you please put me through to Mrs. Wilson in the accounts department?
- One moment please. I’m afraid Mrs. Wilson’s engaged at the moment. Would you like to hold?
- Erm…no thank you I’ll phone back later.
- Good afternoon. Is that Fidelity’s after-sales service?
- Oh…good. I bought a CD player last week and I...
- Product number?
- I beg your pardon?
- I need the product number.
- Oh… erm…it’s FY2005S
- NO, I SAID THE PRODUCT NUMBER!
- Hello. My name’s Bill Magaliff. I’m phoning to confirm my meeting tomorrow with Jean Simmons.
- Mr. who?
- Could you spell that for me please?
- Certainly, it’s M-A-G-A-L-I double F
- Just a second Mr. Magaluf I can’t find the appointment diary…..Erm….today was it?
- No, the appointment’s for tomorrow.
- Ah yes here we are..erm..4.30 pm
- No it was for 5.15
- Oh… erm.. okay then we’ll see you tomorrow Mr. Nickerlove.
- Hi, ICS Finance.
- Good Morning. Could I speak to Jim Lawrence please.
- Jim’s off today with a hangover (resaca).Too many beers! He’ll be back Monday, though.
- I see. Could you put me through to someone in Overseas Investments. I have a query regarding quarterly returns.
- Yeah. Just a sec. What’s your name?
- It’s Jane Conway.
- Hang on there Jane, and someone’ll have a chat with you.